Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2018/01/28 11:08:14 UTC

[compress] Planning 1.16 Release - With Source Incompatible Change

Hi all

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMPRESS/versions/12341948 has a
nice set of new features and fixes and I'd like to cut a release
candidate the coming days.

One thing I may want to do is to extend the "preserveLeadingSlashes"
attribute of TarArchiveEntry to also preserve the drive letter on
Windows - this issue Torsten raised.

Apart from that does anybody see anything that should go into the
release?

I've created the site for the current state of master, it can be found
at https://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/commons-compress-1.16/

If you look at
https://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/commons-compress-1.16/japicmp.html
there is a change flagged as source incompatible. The abstract class
LZ77Compressor$Block has a new abstract method. IMHO this is acceptable
as the Block class really only serves an internal purpose and it has
always been expected that all subclasses of it are part of Commons
Compress.

Stefan

Re: [compress] Planning 1.16 Release - With Source Incompatible Change

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-01-29, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 4:08 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMPRESS/versions/12341948 has a
>> nice set of new features and fixes and I'd like to cut a release
>> candidate the coming days.

> Not sure if this has anything to do with the recent JIRA upgrade or
> not, but the link above is not accessible for non logged in Jira
> users. I think versions could be viewed without logging into Jira
> before the upgrade.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

https://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/commons-compress-1.16/jira-report.html

or