Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org> on 2019/03/01 14:27:20 UTC

Subversion 1.12 release preparation

It's March now; Subversion 1.12 is due out in April. To give us the standard 4 weeks to stabilize, it's now time to make a branch and a release candidate and do all the usual updates associated with release management.

I'll get started.

If there's anything I ought to take into account, do speak up.

Julian Foad wrote on 2019-02-07:
> [...] I'm going to be unavailable around the end of March to end of April. [...]
>
> Could someone else do the final stages of the release management in April?

It would be nice to have a back-up for that. I might end up having some availability then, but I just don't know in advance.

--
- Julian

Re: Subversion 1.12 release preparation

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Julian Foad wrote on 2019-03-01:
> Branko Čibej wrote:
> > I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
> > do the publishing etc.
>
> Thank you!

As it turns out, I do have enough time to complete the 1.12 release. I'll get the final steps in motion this week.

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Branko Čibej wrote:
> I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
> do the publishing etc.

Thank you!

Can anyone update the CHANGES file?
http://subversion.a.o.local/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#the-changes-file

I have now created the 1.12.x branch, after a cursory review of API changes and some cosmetic tweaks. I'll roll an RC, either before or after that.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 01.03.2019 15:27, Julian Foad wrote:
> It's March now; Subversion 1.12 is due out in April. To give us the standard 4 weeks to stabilize, it's now time to make a branch and a release candidate and do all the usual updates associated with release management.
>
> I'll get started.
>
> If there's anything I ought to take into account, do speak up.
>
> Julian Foad wrote on 2019-02-07:
>> [...] I'm going to be unavailable around the end of March to end of April. [...]
>>
>> Could someone else do the final stages of the release management in April?
> It would be nice to have a back-up for that. I might end up having some availability then, but I just don't know in advance.

I've done releases before, as has stsp. I'm pretty sure one of us could
do the publishing etc.

Which reminds me that I still need to fix SVN-4794 and possibly SVN-4795
for this release.

-- Brane