Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by John <jo...@jak.com> on 2006/05/02 21:31:15 UTC

Question on passing List to Sheet in Tobago

When using a List as a datasource for a sheet, where the List contains
objects that represent row field data, how does the sheet know how to
break the object's data apart for display in the various fields.

I originally thought that I could just do getters in the object matching
the field names in the sheet, but it doesn't get the data. It shows the
right number of rows, so I know it's retrieving the List members ok, it
just doesn't display the field data.

John

Re: Question on passing List to Sheet in Tobago

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
John,

each of the lists objects could accessed while rendering a row by the
name set to the var attribute of the sheet.

e.g.: you have a managedBean "bean" with a property "persons", which is
a list of person objects. The person object has a property "name".

<tc:sheet value="#{bean.persons}" var="data">
  <tc:column label="Header">
    <tc:out value="#{data.name}"/>
  <tc:column>
</tc:sheet>

here var="data" means you can access the person object inside the sheet
by #{data}.

Regards,
  Volker

--