Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Todd G. Nist" <tn...@bellsouth.net> on 2002/02/02 20:08:01 UTC

Boost Struts with XSLT and XML - JavaWorld.com

I have not seen this posted so, for those interested in using XSLT and XML
with Struts, thought the following article maybe of value.

Boost Struts with XSLT and XML
An introduction to Model 2X

Summary
Struts is an innovative server-side Java framework designed to build Web
applications. Hosted by the Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Project,
Struts has recently gained wide acceptance in the Java community. In this
article, Julien Mercay and Gilbert Bouzeid introduce the processing model
underlying Struts, describe the Struts framework itself, and present Model
2X, which enhances Struts by replacing JSP (JavaServer Pages) with XML and
XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) to better separate
logic and presentation. (2,600 words; February 1, 2002)

By Julien Mercay and Gilbert Bouzeid

Todd G. Nist

Re: Boost Struts with XSLT and XML - JavaWorld.com

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.
This is one of the most well written articles I have ever seen.

At first blush, I am having a difficult time deciding wether this technology is
totally cool, or it is just such a straightforward presentation that I am
twitterpated.

Thanks Todd

"Todd G. Nist" wrote:

> I have not seen this posted so, for those interested in using XSLT and XML
> with Struts, thought the following article maybe of value.
>
> Boost Struts with XSLT and XML
> An introduction to Model 2X
>
> Summary
> Struts is an innovative server-side Java framework designed to build Web
> applications. Hosted by the Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Project,
> Struts has recently gained wide acceptance in the Java community. In this
> article, Julien Mercay and Gilbert Bouzeid introduce the processing model
> underlying Struts, describe the Struts framework itself, and present Model
> 2X, which enhances Struts by replacing JSP (JavaServer Pages) with XML and
> XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) to better separate
> logic and presentation. (2,600 words; February 1, 2002)
>
> By Julien Mercay and Gilbert Bouzeid

> Todd G. Nist

Pete Carapetyan
http://datafundamentals.com
Java Development Services

Open standards technology for commercial profitability