Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2010/01/20 10:30:59 UTC

Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !

AFAIR, using Google Analytics has been discouraged by the ASF board.

  Bernd

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/1/25 Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>:

> On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:04, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> No but you can have a look at them here :
>>>
>>> https://www.google.com/analytics/settings/?et=reset&hl=en#scid=11074178
>>
>> I cannot see anything following this URL.
>> I think the Analytics user must share by adding the person's google
>> account to the analytics profile.
>> That's the way it worked a few years back with JAMES.
>
> Would it make sense to have Google Analytics send an email report to the
> list?

IIRC I read something on the legal-discuss list about possible
problems with what are you entitled to do with the report Google sends
you (you cannot make it public, IIRC).

So, it is probably safe to send the report to the private@ list, not
so sure the same is valid for the public mailing lists.

Like Bernd said, to avoid issues with google, in JAMES project I
simply asked interested committers to tell me their google account and
I added privileges to their account so each committer configured the
preferred notification for himself.

Stefano

Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Mon, 25 Jan 2010 05:41:34 -0800,
"Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> a écrit :

> On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:04, Emmanuel Lecharny
> > <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> No but you can have a look at them here :
> >>
> >> https://www.google.com/analytics/settings/?
> >> et=reset&hl=en#scid=11074178
> >
> > I cannot see anything following this URL.
> > I think the Analytics user must share by adding the person's google
> > account to the analytics profile.
> > That's the way it worked a few years back with JAMES.
>
> Would it make sense to have Google Analytics send an email report to
> the list?
>

> Regards,
> Alan

+1 if it's doable

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

> Would it make sense to have Google Analytics send an email report to
> the list?
Once a month, yes. Not sure it's possible though...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bernd Fondermann a écrit :
>>
>> I cannot see anything following this URL.
>> I think the Analytics user must share by adding the person's google
>> account to the analytics profile.
>> That's the way it worked a few years back with JAMES.
>>

> Yes, you have to have a gmil account, and I have to add the list of people
> who want to have access to it.
>
> So please, provide those infos, I will update GA.

Count me in :-)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jan 21, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 18:42, Alan D. Cabrera
> <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 20, 2010, at 7:46 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 13:25, Alan D. Cabrera
>>> <li...@toolazydogs.com>

>>> Publicly, here
>>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/
>>> as soon as they are approved by the board.
>>>
>>> ASF members can enjoy them in full detail at the private svn repo
>>> shortly after the meeting - think "EAP", but the lag is no longer as
>>> big as it used to be.
>>
>> Sorry, I meant the Google Analytics reports.  :)
>
> Oh... <blush/> :-)

:)

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Bernd Fondermann a écrit :
> AFAIR, using Google Analytics has been discouraged by the ASF board.

Hmmm. Any date when this has been discussed ? I just remind vaguely that
there were some mails exchanged about it, but I'd like to read them again...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com