Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@apache.org> on 2009/12/22 21:59:14 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.19

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.19, ready to be voted upon.

The files are uploaded to a Maven staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-004/

and to:

http://people.apache.org/~andyhot/tapestry-releases/5.0.19/

Please examine these files to determine if a new release, 5.0.19, is ready.

I've also created a 5.0.19 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.19/

On a successful vote, I'll promote the artifacts to the central repo,
move the binary / source
distributions to the proper distribution directories and send out
appropriate notifications.

Here are the release notes / changes:

Bug

    * [TAP5-419] - Logging of component class transformations has typo in prefix
    * [TAP5-449] - @CleanupRender Render phase methods not always invoked
    * [TAP5-815] - Asset dispatcher allows any file inside the webapp
visible and downloadable
    * [TAP5-894] - Fix PartialMarkupDocumentLinkerTest.stylesheet_link()
    * [TAP5-936] - Tapestry wiki link links to nothing for locales other then en

Improvement

    * [TAP5-417] - Tapestry Performance Improvements
    * [TAP5-762] - Upgrade Selenium dependencies to version 1.0.1
    * [TAP5-934] - Update javassist version + improve error reporting
in OneShotLock

Task

    * [TAP5-819] - remove ide-specific files from all sub-modules and
add them to svn:ignore

PS. Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.19

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:22:04 -0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.19

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

Nice to see some love for Tapestry 5.0!

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.19, ready to be voted upon.
>
> The files are uploaded to a Maven staging repository:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-004/
>
> and to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~andyhot/tapestry-releases/5.0.19/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new release, 5.0.19, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.19 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.19/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll promote the artifacts to the central repo,
> move the binary / source
> distributions to the proper distribution directories and send out
> appropriate notifications.
>
> Here are the release notes / changes:
>
> Bug
>
>    * [TAP5-419] - Logging of component class transformations has typo in prefix
>    * [TAP5-449] - @CleanupRender Render phase methods not always invoked
>    * [TAP5-815] - Asset dispatcher allows any file inside the webapp
> visible and downloadable
>    * [TAP5-894] - Fix PartialMarkupDocumentLinkerTest.stylesheet_link()
>    * [TAP5-936] - Tapestry wiki link links to nothing for locales other then en
>
> Improvement
>
>    * [TAP5-417] - Tapestry Performance Improvements
>    * [TAP5-762] - Upgrade Selenium dependencies to version 1.0.1
>    * [TAP5-934] - Update javassist version + improve error reporting
> in OneShotLock
>
> Task
>
>    * [TAP5-819] - remove ide-specific files from all sub-modules and
> add them to svn:ignore
>
> PS. Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> --
> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.19

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
+0.   The release is needed and I'm sure it's great, but we're trying
to move back into our house at the moment and, realistically, I'm not
going to have time to test the release personally over the next few
days, so I can't personally vouch for it.

Robert

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1

I think it makes sense to run the vote for a longer period than usual. The
most people are on vacations now and don't have a chance to vote.

What about the 5.1.0.6 release? I think this one is more important because
there are more 5.1.x users than 5.0.x.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.19, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The files are uploaded to a Maven staging repository:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-004/
>
> and to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~andyhot/tapestry-releases/5.0.19/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eandyhot/tapestry-releases/5.0.19/>
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new release, 5.0.19, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.19 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.19/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll promote the artifacts to the central repo,
> move the binary / source
> distributions to the proper distribution directories and send out
> appropriate notifications.
>
> Here are the release notes / changes:
>
> Bug
>
>    * [TAP5-419] - Logging of component class transformations has typo in
> prefix
>    * [TAP5-449] - @CleanupRender Render phase methods not always invoked
>    * [TAP5-815] - Asset dispatcher allows any file inside the webapp
> visible and downloadable
>    * [TAP5-894] - Fix PartialMarkupDocumentLinkerTest.stylesheet_link()
>    * [TAP5-936] - Tapestry wiki link links to nothing for locales other
> then en
>
> Improvement
>
>    * [TAP5-417] - Tapestry Performance Improvements
>    * [TAP5-762] - Upgrade Selenium dependencies to version 1.0.1
>    * [TAP5-934] - Update javassist version + improve error reporting
> in OneShotLock
>
> Task
>
>    * [TAP5-819] - remove ide-specific files from all sub-modules and
> add them to svn:ignore
>
> PS. Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> --
> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

[SUCCESS] Tapestry Release 5.0.19

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@apache.org>.
Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +1
Andreas Andreou: +1

Non-binding votes:

Igor Drobiazko: +1
Massimo Lusetti: +1
Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva: +1
Robert Zeigler: +0

I'll promote the maven artifacts shortly and move/publish the rest tomorrow.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Andreas Andreou: +1

Posted by Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.19, ready to be voted upon.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (Thank you very much!)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com