Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2020/06/02 18:39:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] Splashscreen Plugin Release 5.0.4

Hi all,

Since cordova-ios 6.0, which includes a splashscreen implementation, was released recently, we should release a patch version of the splashscreen plugin which sets the version requirements correctly [1].

Does anyone have any reason to delay this patch release?
Any outstanding patches to land?

If not, I will start the release tomorrow.

After this patch release we will introduce some some breaking changes including the removal of iOS code in a major release after that. The PRs are already open.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen/pull/261

Re: [DISCUSS] Splashscreen Plugin Release 5.0.4

Posted by Norman Breau <no...@normanbreau.com>.
I guess Erisu sorted this out in
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen/pull/266

There are a couple of reasons for the fail we think, mostly because
pandemic tests only tests against the master. So in this case, it was
using cordova-ios 6, which expects Xcode 11, and drops support for iOS
less than 11. Splashscreen tests were configured to use iPhone 5, which
can only go up to iOS 10.

So the travis was failing basically because cordova-ios@6 stuff was
merged into master. A formal +1 vote is incoming.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.

[VOTE] Splashscreen Plugin Release 5.0.4

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.
Please review and vote on the release of this plugins release
by replying to this email (and keep discussion on the DISCUSS thread)

The plugins have been published to dist/dev:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/cordova-plugin-splaschreen-5.0.4/

The packages were published from their corresponding git tags:
cordova-plugin-splashscreen: 5.0.4 (5bc7d0d63f)

Upon a successful vote I will upload the archives to dist/, upload them
to npm, and post the corresponding blog post.

Voting guidelines:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/release-voting.md
How to vote on a plugins release at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/plugins-release-process.md#voting

Voting will go on for a minimum of 48 hours.

I vote +1:
* Ran coho audit-license-headers over the relevant repos
* Ran coho check-license to ensure all dependencies and subdependencies
have Apache-compatible licenses
* Did the tests with Xcode like instructed

Please note some CI test could fail but I think the test setup is
faulty. Works locally in Xcode for me. Let me know in DISCUSS.

Re: [DISCUSS] Splashscreen Plugin Release 5.0.4

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.