Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nahon <lb...@hu.tesco-europe.com> on 2006/11/03 10:56:56 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: RE: Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.1 problem

Boyle Owen wrote:

> I'd have to leave it to a windows expert to judge if the platform is
> appropriate for the task. From what I've heard, Windows Server ain't too
> bad (it could've been win98...). As regards, the apache version - to my
> knowledge, there's no need to use any specific version of apache with
> PHP 5.

PHP documentation says:
"Users of Apache 2.2.x may use the documentation below except the
appropriate DLL file is named php5apache2_2.dll and it only exists as of PHP
5.2.0"
So for PHP 5.1.1 Apache 2.2.x is not a choice. :(

Boyle Owen wrote:

> I'd still come back to the DB - 9 times out of 10 these type of problems
> are due to DB issues (dead-locking?)

For me it's quite interesting because the databases work fine. Unfortunately
I don't know the deep mechanism of database handling in PHP but I don't see
why should make a DB deadlok (which is unlikely happening I think) collapse
the whole Apache... (as in the first or second problem).
Could it be because of PHP is a module of Apache not a CGI?

Re: [users@httpd] RE: RE: Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.1 problem

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
5.2.0 released last week.

Use it.