Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason - <wi...@outlook.com> on 2015/09/03 08:33:38 UTC

[users@httpd] EC Parameters

Suppose that I have an EC curve name - let's say secp521r1. How do I insert it into my first certificate file so that Apache can accept it? This functionality is shortly described here ( http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html in SSLCertificateFile Directive) but I cannot understand what to write below my certificate file so as to declare secp521r1 as the default EC curve name. How can I do this?

Re: [users@httpd] EC Parameters

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Jason - <wi...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Suppose that I have an EC curve name - let's say secp521r1. How do I insert
> it into my first certificate file so that Apache can accept it? This
> functionality is shortly described here (
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html in SSLCertificateFile
> Directive) but I cannot understand what to write below my certificate file
> so as to declare secp521r1 as the default EC curve name. How can I do this?

You can have a look at:
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Command_Line_Elliptic_Curve_Operations#Generating_EC_Keys_and_Parameters.

The "openssl ecparam -name secp521r1" resulting block:
-----BEGIN EC PARAMETERS-----
BgUrgQQAIw==
-----END EC PARAMETERS-----
can be appended to the SSLCertificateFile.

Regards,
Yann.