Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2015/03/20 20:06:09 UTC

Re: Codebase transition from GH to ASF git repo

SGA is sent and master branch of https://github.com/NFLabs/zeppelin.git
pushed to

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-zeppelin

Next step would be

1. enable mirror on github (INFRA)

2. migrate issues to JIRA

3. enable github integration (INFRA)

Issue to INFRA (github mirror and integration) looks like handled only
after SGA is recorded and it may take some time.

Thanks,
moon

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
First, congrat!! I've checked tat git repo.

In my opinion about existing PR, we can make a same PR under
github/apa/incubator-zeppelin because there are 17 PRs opened for now. I
think It's easy to migrate and the most efficient way.

Regards,
Jongyoul Lee

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Codebase transition from GH to ASF git repo

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
I think recreating PR is totally up to(and should be) original author.

Also I have filed an issue to enable github-jira integration for Zeppelin (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9335)

Best,
moon

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Codebase transition from GH to ASF git repo

Posted by "Alex B." <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Congratulations everybody https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin
 working!

Re-creating 17 PRs manually for discussion purpose sounds not that bad (may
be it's up to original PR authors?) AND after issues migration is finished
we should have a JIRA tickets for all of them too.
Then merge some of them manually in case there are ready-to-merge ones.

Here is good example of GH mirror workflow other projects use
http://markmail.org/thread/f5uewi5jyvr63ggs

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM, moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> wrote:

> INFRA-9305 resolved and git mirror is on
> http://git.apache.org/incubator-zeppelin.git
> <https://git.apache.org/incubator-zeppelin.git/>
> I'll start migrate homepage source code, too.
>
> One thing to discuss is about existing PR.
> SGA is signed and sent by 20, Mar 2014 from NFLabs. And i'm not sure the
> SGA covers the code contributed after that date.
>
> Therefore, to be safe, I'm planning to instruct contributors to recreate
> their PR to github/apache/incubator-zeppelin, after we migrated JIRA issue
> and turn on JIRA-github integration.
>
> Will there be simpler way?
> Any advice is welcome.
>
> best,
> moon
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:20 AM Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Sounds nice. I'm looking forward to the migration.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Hyunsik
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Alex <ab...@nflabs.com> wrote:
> > > Sound a good!
> > >
> > > Yes, I think it will work although because of that issue we are not
> > going to be able to keep the same issue numbers in GH and Jira.
> > >
> > > Will try to delete it tomorrow and see if that helps, will let you
> know.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kind regards,
> > > Alexander

> turn
> > off
> > turn on

> script

> > only

> > we

> > would

> roman@shaposhnik.org>

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: Codebase transition from GH to ASF git repo

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Sound a good!