Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by D....@hzd.hessen.de on 2004/11/24 10:28:38 UTC

write xml-stream into a database

Hi all,

the following problem i have:

I am getting an xml-result from a soap call and transform it into
html to show the result on the screen.  All runs very well.
For this i am using the following pipe:

<map:match pattern="soapcall">
    <map:generate type="wsproxy" src="http://localhost:8082/cocoon/EWO_Request/soapcall"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="xsl/XMELD_Trefferliste.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Now i want also store xml-result in an oracle-database. How can i do this? Has anyone
a tip or a sample for me? Can i do this with the sqlTransformer?

The definition of the datasource is no problem.

Gruß Dirk

Dirk Skirde
Hessische Zentrale für Datenverarbeitung
Mainzer Strasse 50  Raum 009
65189 Wiesbaden
Tel.:  +49 611 340 1941
Fax:   +49 611 340 5941
EMail: d.skirde@hzd.hessen.de

Re: write xml-stream into a database

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Ralph Goers wrote:

> My first thought would be to use a transformer before the XSLT. I don't
> know if there are any existing transformers you could leverage though.
>
> Ralph
>
> D.Skirde@hzd.hessen.de wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the following problem i have:
> >
> > I am getting an xml-result from a soap call and transform it into
> > html to show the result on the screen.  All runs very well.
> > For this i am using the following pipe:
> >
> > <map:match pattern="soapcall">
> >     <map:generate type="wsproxy"
> > src="http://localhost:8082/cocoon/EWO_Request/soapcall"/>
> >     <map:transform type="xslt" src="xsl/XMELD_Trefferliste.xsl"/>
> >     <map:serialize type="html"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> > Now i want also store xml-result in an oracle-database. How can i do
> > this? Has anyone
> > a tip or a sample for me? Can i do this with the sqlTransformer?
> >
> > The definition of the datasource is no problem.

i think that this snipp is can fit in your case

			<map:match pattern="a-pattern-match">
				<map:generate src="cocoon:/soapcall"/>
				<map:transform src="stylesheets/yourcontent2sql.xsl">
				<map:transform type="sql">
					<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="hotpoints"/>
				</map:transform>
				<map:serialize type="xml"/>
			</map:match>

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.