Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shalu Goel <sh...@mind-infotech.com> on 2002/11/21 11:51:02 UTC

name of zip file???chuck cavaness book

Hello all,
i have finally resolved my download problem of struts book chapters from the sitre theserverside.com
It is very simple
http://www2.theserverside.com/resources/review/name of zip file to be downloaded.zip
but one problem persist ...that can be resolved if someone who has already downloaded the chapters ...gives me the name of the zip file that gets downloaded when u try downloading the chapter no. 15 and chapter no 17.
e.g. when i donload chapter no 1 the zip file i download is
"struts-chapter1-apr25"
similarly what is the name for the zip file for chapter no 15 and 17???

RE: name of zip file???chuck cavaness book

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
I'd just like to point out that the reason the chapters of Chuck's book
were made available on TheServerSide was for public *review*, not as a
public give-away. Given that the book is now in production, the review
period is clearly over, so I'm not at all surprised that these chapters
are no longer available for download.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.

Posted by Shalu Goel <sh...@mind-infotech.com>.
Thanks James to bring it to my notice!!!
 I truly appreciate ur sentiments!!!!
 I promise!! i will surely buy it as soon as it is available in the book
stores...
But wait a minute i think u should always think of the possibility wherein a
newbie honestly looking all out to get some packaged material on the
technology to use and  promote in one's own place of working...
The reason why i am screaming BOOK!!! BOOK!!!  is, i honestly thought it is
not the issue with the chuck books getting printed rather... some s/w
devolper has overwritten a jsp page(download.jsp) at
theserverside.com....Had it not been the case they would have also removed