Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jose Galiana <jg...@renr.es> on 2003/03/27 19:50:08 UTC

Repeat field indocument

Hi,

It´s possible index a document with a field repeated several times?. For
example, I´ve a photograph and I need to index the published dates.

<PublishDate=20030303>
<PublishDate=20030305>
<PublishDate=20030515>
<PublishDate=20030625>
<PublishDate=20030826>

So, user can search PublishDate < 20030501 and PublishDate > 20030930. It´s
possible in Lucene?

Greetings
Jose Galiana

Re: Repeat field indocument

Posted by Vince Taluskie <vi...@taluskie.com>.
Jose,

Perhaps another way would be to create a doc for each Publishdate with
the same photograph

vince

Re: Repeat field indocument

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Storing multiple values for the same field like that is possible.
I am not sure how the search would work though.  The query syntax you
used is definitely not correct.

Otis