Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Lutz Thomas <lu...@aim-ag.com> on 2005/06/10 17:25:56 UTC

FlowApi and JavaFlow

Hi !

I followed your discussion about the CForm flowscript API. Does this affect
JavaFlow ?

And, as I am in the startup of major project, and want to use JavaFlow, is
this a safe decision for the future ? There is not much documentation around
there, so I am not sure wether this block is stable enough for production
use...

Thanks for your answers, regards,

Tom

p.s.: Sorry for the "reposting", but are there any opinions to my
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg31732.html
<http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg31732.html>  post ?

Re: FlowApi and JavaFlow

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> I followed your discussion about the CForm flowscript API. Does this
> affect JavaFlow ?

Well... javaflow tries to mime the flowscript API.
or at least tries to be very close.

> And, as I am in the startup of major project, and want to use JavaFlow,
> is this a safe decision for the future?

There are a few things on the TODO list - especially for 2.2.
It uses the new codebase over at jakarta. Currently the CForms
integration is missing and has to be ported back from 2.1.

Some work and we could have flow with shutdown persistence,
auto-reloading and even session replication based on javaflow.

IMO it's promising but the more people join the development
the better.

Hm... maybe the port of the CForms integration
could also be a SummerOfCode project?!

> There is not much documentation
> around there, so I am not sure wether this block is stable enough for
> production use…

...one thing on the todo list ;)

HTH

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: FlowApi and JavaFlow

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Lutz Thomas wrote:

> And, as I am in the startup of major project, and want to use JavaFlow, is
> this a safe decision for the future ? There is not much documentation around
> there, so I am not sure wether this block is stable enough for production
> use...

we use javaflow in production, although not with cforms.

Re: FlowApi and JavaFlow

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
We have used JavaFlow lightly and have not had any problems. We plan to
use it more heavily. I don't know if that helps.