Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by jerdavis <je...@speakeasy.net> on 2010/02/25 05:01:21 UTC

Cluster Replication.

I see that qpid supports clustering and replication of messages.
My question is:
For a given Queue, is it possible to configure qpid to only replicate
message data on a couple of nodes, but replicate queue/exchange/routing info
across all nodes.

My suspicion is that this would be a federation of clusters, or is this not
possible?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Cluster Replication.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 02/24/2010 11:01 PM, jerdavis wrote:
> I see that qpid supports clustering and replication of messages.
> My question is:
> For a given Queue, is it possible to configure qpid to only replicate
> message data on a couple of nodes, but replicate queue/exchange/routing info
> across all nodes.
>
> My suspicion is that this would be a federation of clusters, or is this not
> possible?

A cluster is a set of nodes kept 100% in sync,

replication (copy queue state) is at the queue level, between any set of
nodes or clusters.

Federation allows you to build networks or AMQP brokers, including
things like remote
subscriptions.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org