Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Muthu <mu...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/23 03:17:42 UTC

Ignite as DB -> Can an ORM work with Ignite as DB via Ignite's JDBC driver?

Hi Folks.

I checked the JDBC driver support docs..Is it true to say that if i have a
grid with say 10 ignite caches (caching 10 different tables in DB) can i
just connect to the grid (having it all specified in the config xml &
execute queries on any/all of them including queries that join from one or
more of these caches?.

Pardon me..i could not say these for sure from the docs...if this kind of
support is available then can we use it like a JDBC data store & talk via
an ORM?

Regards,
Muthu

Re: Ignite as DB -> Can an ORM work with Ignite as DB via Ignite's JDBC driver?

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes it's possible, but as wih any DB you need to consider some limitations.
I would recommed you thoroughly check SQL documentation
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid

Kind regards,
Alex

23 июня 2017 г. 6:18 AM пользователь "mlekshma [via Apache Ignite Users]" <
ml+s70518n14054h8@n6.nabble.com> написал:

Hi Folks.

I checked the JDBC driver support docs..Is it true to say that if i have a
grid with say 10 ignite caches (caching 10 different tables in DB) can i
just connect to the grid (having it all specified in the config xml &
execute queries on any/all of them including queries that join from one or
more of these caches?.

Pardon me..i could not say these for sure from the docs...if this kind of
support is available then can we use it like a JDBC data store & talk via
an ORM?

Regards,
Muthu

.
NAML
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>