Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India" <ga...@integra-india.com> on 2004/09/21 19:59:50 UTC

Building FOP

Dear all,

I am new to java and ant building. I am explaining the way I tried to build
the FOP.

1. OS -- Win 2000
2. java version -- 1.4.2_05
3. fop  version -- CVS snapshot xml-fop_20040921223357.tar.gz
4. ant version -- 1.6.1

5. extracted the ant zip file into  D:\apache-ant-1.6.1
6. extracted the fop zip file into D:\xml-fop

7. Added D:\apache-ant-1.6.1\bin and C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\bin to system path

8. Added D:\apache-ant-1.6.1 and C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05 to ant_home and java_home
respectively in build.bat file

Now I have executed the build.bat the result is "The system can not find the
path specified".

Can you all let me know where I went wrong.

Regards,
Ganesh

Re: Building FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
As far as I know, JEuclid ships source-only, so you have to build it
yourself. It has a build.xml, hasn't it? Just call ant or ant.sh in the
directory. If you don't have that you'll need to do a proper
installation of Ant first, which is a good idea anyway.

On 23.09.2004 07:02:19 Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> I tried to build MathML. But it is asking jeuclid.jar file should be there
> in the lib folder. I have searched in the I am having jeuclid.tar.gz but I
> am not having jeuclid.jar. Can you please help me how to create the
> jeuclid.jar from the gz file.

Jeremias Maerki

RE: Building FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The two builds are not connected to each other. The build in
examples/mathml will create a file named mathml-fop.jar. After building
FOP itself, add the above JAR file to the classpath when running FOP.
The MathML extension is automatically detected during runtime by FOP (if
it's in the classpath).

On 23.09.2004 05:15:40 Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out where the error is. If my understanding is correct,
> I have checked in the classes folder in the build folder. In that I can not
> able to find MathML folder. fop.jar will contain only this folder.
>
> I am seeing in each folder inside examples folder we are having one
> build.xml file. Is it that we need to go into each folder and build. or main
> build.xml will take care. If main will take care how to add the MathML
> folder into the main.

Jeremias Maerki

RE: Building FOP

Posted by "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India" <ga...@integra-india.com>.
Thank you very much Jeremias Maerki and John Farrow for you support. Now I
can able to get the mathml output through FOP

Ganesh

Re: Building FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

RE: SPAM-LOW: Building FOP