Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/10/19 17:02:47 UTC

next release, and CAS Impl refactoring

How about we target the next release freeze/start-of-test for Nov 5?

Between now and the next release, Thilo wants to do work on CAS
refactoring - to enable that, I suggest we agree to freeze **now** in
the trunk all feature enhancement/improvement changes, and only do bug
fixes (unless the changes are completely independent of Thilo's work -
such as for example adding some documentation to a non-CAS area).  The
goal is to allow Thilo to "branch" the code base and do his work in
parallel, with minimal (we hope) impact on the future "merging".

We need a release manager for the next release.  This involves reading
some web pages to see that we follow the right process, and then
reminding the others in the dev community to help out with testing,
etc.  This work would start in November.  For our first 2 releases,
Thilo has volunteered, (Thank You!), but I'm guessing he'd be happy for
someone else to take a turn.  Any volunteers?

-Marshall

Re: next release, and CAS Impl refactoring

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adam, will do in the next few days.

Eddie

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 12:00 PM, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
>
>> OK the remaining open issues are:
>>
>> - UIMA-583 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-583)
>>   I have already documented most of the issues mentioned in UIMA-583.
>> But I can't do all. Please look at the issue comment.
>>
>> - UIMA-529 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-529)
>>    This issue is assigned to Marshall, since he is at ApacheCon, can
>> anybody else look at this issue?
>>

> I added some javadocs for UIMA-583 and think we can be done with that
> now.  I don't think I'm going to have time to look at UIMA-529.  Does
> this need to be done for this release?
>
> -Adam

There are already changes committed for issue 529, so I think we should
finish this.

-- Michael

Re: next release, and CAS Impl refactoring

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.