Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Goran Abramovic <go...@wapforce.com> on 2000/11/21 19:00:16 UTC

SOAP Parameters

When you are inserting a parameters into a SOAP Body( I am using APACHE-SOAP) can I put an attribute into a parameter?

For example, I would like to have something like:

<SOAP:Body>
<getData xmlns="">
    <testNode validated="no">[string]</testNode>
</getData>
</SOAP:Body>

With what method I can put a validated attribute in the parameter testNode and is it possible?

Thanks,
Goran

Re: SOAP Parameters

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.
Goran:

You can do this by writing your own custom serializer/deserializer, and registering it for the class in question.  So in this case if you wanted to validate all Strings, you could map the java.lang.String type to your custom serializer which would write out the XML including the attribute.

--Glen

Re: SOAP Parameters

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.
Goran: