Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk> on 2008/06/09 10:41:21 UTC

Results Scoring

Hello everyone

I need to fully understand how nutch is scoring the results that it outputs
on our results page.

Where do I start basically?

Any help is greatly appreciated, links to anything is also appreciated.

RE: Results Scoring

Posted by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk>.
Thanks David

That's exactly what I needed.

I suspect the reading and understanding of it all might be harder than
asking where it is

:-)

Thanks again

RE: Results Scoring

Posted by POIRIER David <DP...@cross-systems.com>.
Hello,

Nutch scoring mechanism is fully based on Lucene scoring mechanism. A
first place to check could by the book "Lucene in action" written by
Gospodnetic and Hatcher. Check chapter 3.

Also, If you already have a working index with you, use the Luke
application ( http://www.getopt.org/luke/ ), Click on the Search tab an
execute a search. Every score of every returned document is explained by
clicking on the "Explain" button.

If you want to understand the math behind the whole thing, click on this
link:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apac
he/lucene/search/Similarity.html

David