Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/22 05:24:45 UTC

An article on dependency injection in OSGi

The article focuses on Eclipse RCP, but I think what is does is essentially
what iPOJO does.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/06/07/ioc-for-eclipse-rcp.html

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: An article on dependency injection in OSGi

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/23/06, Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr> wrote:

> Trustin Lee a écrit :
>
> > On 6/22/06, Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr> wrote:
> >

> >> You can have a look on Spoon also ! http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/
> >> Spoon processors visit the classes at source level and can inject
> >> template in it ! However the work is done at compile time (not during
> >> class loading) !
> >> I have wrote one processor for inject MBean feature in a POJO
> >> http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/SpoonJMX/Main
> >> An extension of it runs on OSGi to register DynamicMBean services : I
> >> will release it soon !
> >

> > Does this relate to Jackpot from NetBeans.org?  I just wonder there
> > could be
> > some synergy.
> >
> Renaud had awswered to the same question ;-)
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/spoon-discuss/2006-June/000079.html
> and also about JSR 269
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/spoon-discuss/2006-June/000081.html

Thank you for such a fast response!  Now I understood the difference.  It is
really interesting that APT didn't allow that kind of operations.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
Trustin Lee a écrit :

> On 6/22/06, Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr> wrote:
>

>> You can have a look on Spoon also ! http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/
>> Spoon processors visit the classes at source level and can inject
>> template in it ! However the work is done at compile time (not during
>> class loading) !
>> I have wrote one processor for inject MBean feature in a POJO
>> http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/SpoonJMX/Main
>> An extension of it runs on OSGi to register DynamicMBean services : I
>> will release it soon !
>

> Does this relate to Jackpot from NetBeans.org?  I just wonder there
> could be
> some synergy.

Renaud had awswered to the same question ;-)
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/spoon-discuss/2006-June/000079.html
and also about JSR 269
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/spoon-discuss/2006-June/000081.html

Didier

> Trustin

Didier DONSEZ
Laboratoire LSR, Institut Imag, Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr

Re: An article on dependency injection in OSGi

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
You can have a look on Spoon also ! http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/
Spoon processors visit the classes at source level and can inject
template in it ! However the work is done at compile time (not during
class loading) !
I have wrote one processor for inject MBean feature in a POJO
http://spoon.gforge.inria.fr/SpoonJMX/Main
An extension of it runs on OSGi to register DynamicMBean services : I
will release it soon !

Best regards

Didier