Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 12:35:36 UTC

Apache James and the JCR modeling workshop in Amsterdam

Hi,

The Jackrabbit project (among others) is organizing a JCR meetup event
during the Hackathon in ApacheCon EU. See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupApril2008 for more details.

One of the proposed program items for the meetup is a JCR content
modeling workshop where we'd take existing (or planned) content models
and discuss how that model would best fit a hierarchical JCR content
repository. I'm planning to present the email message model as
currently used in james-jcr in this workshop. I'm especially looking
forward to discussing the relative merits of storing the MIME
structure of a message in an exploded JCR tree. Other related modeling
issues are spool vs. mailbox or folder storage, tagging and search,
user management, etc.

If you're interested (and around in Amsterdam), you're welcome to
participate! I'll try to keep notes and send a summary of the
discussion to this list.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Apache James and the JCR modeling workshop in Amsterdam

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  The Jackrabbit project (among others) is organizing a JCR meetup event
>  during the Hackathon in ApacheCon EU. See
>  http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupApril2008 for more details.
>
>  One of the proposed program items for the meetup is a JCR content
>  modeling workshop where we'd take existing (or planned) content models
>  and discuss how that model would best fit a hierarchical JCR content
>  repository. I'm planning to present the email message model as
>  currently used in james-jcr in this workshop. I'm especially looking
>  forward to discussing the relative merits of storing the MIME
>  structure of a message in an exploded JCR tree. Other related modeling
>  issues are spool vs. mailbox or folder storage, tagging and search,
>  user management, etc.
>
>  If you're interested (and around in Amsterdam), you're welcome to
>  participate! I'll try to keep notes and send a summary of the
>  discussion to this list.

i'm interested and hope to attend for at least a while

IIRC the JAMES team haven't really made any plans about meeting up or
a focus for JAMES work at the hackathon. there are a number of topics
i'm keen to chat to people F2F about. i don't have a clear view when
people will be around and what they're interested in.

i'll be flying in on sunday and out again late on saturday

- robert

Re: Apache James and the JCR modeling workshop in Amsterdam

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Jackrabbit project (among others) is organizing a JCR meetup event
> during the Hackathon in ApacheCon EU. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupApril2008 for more details.

Too bad I am only arriving at noon on Tuesday. Thanks for the
invitation, :-) - but sorry, I can't make it. :-/

   Bernd