Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Istabrak Abdul-Fatah <if...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/11 23:59:28 UTC

Remote Yarn Client

Greetings to all,

In my project, the yarn client is located on a different node.
Does Yarn support remote clients connections? and if so, what are the
supported protocols?
Could you please provide some details?
Code snippets would be appreciated.

Thx & BR

Ista

RE: Remote Yarn Client

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi Istrabak,
If the installation package similar to the server is copied to client and configurations(<installation>/etc/hadoop) of HDFS, YARN & MAPReduce are also copied in the client machine, then you should be able to use the CLI from the remote machine.
It basically uses RPC over protobuf to remotely connect to the Serve. Also you can think of using REST if you don't want to have the whole installation folder in the client machine. Another alternative is to copy the specific client jars which is little cumbersome.

If more description about what you want to do remotely then could suggest more precisely.

+ Naga

RE: Remote Yarn Client

RE: Remote Yarn Client

RE: Remote Yarn Client