Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 17:33:43 UTC

[shale] cannot run unit test framework with java 1.4

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/shale/test/base/AbstractViewControllerTestCase (Unsupported
major.minor version 48.0)

Does AbstractVCTestCase require java 1.5 now or is this a build
problem?  I am using java 1.4 and cannot run my test cases now.

using shale-test.jar from 2/10.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: [shale] cannot run unit test framework with java 1.4

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

Sorry, you were right, my eclipse workspace was referencing java 1.4
but for some reason the unit tests were being run under the default
eclipse jre which was 1.3.

Thanks for the help,

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 2/10/06, Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/10/06, Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> > org/apache/shale/test/base/AbstractViewControllerTestCase (Unsupported
> > major.minor version 48.0)
> >
> > Does AbstractVCTestCase require java 1.5 now or is this a build
> > problem?  I am using java 1.4 and cannot run my test cases now.
>

> That's really odd.  I build Shale with 1.5 (so it can build the Tiger
> Extensions), but it has source=1.4 and target=1.4 on all the <javac>
> commands (except the one for Tiger) so that the output should be
> 1.4compatible.  Indeed, I am able to use
> 1.4 and execute some unit tests that use AbstractViewControllerTestCase with
> no problems.  Are you able to use the shale-core.jar classes from this same
> nightly build at runtime with no problems?  (They all use the same compile
> settings, so I'd expect problems here as well if it is a build issue).
>
> using shale-test.jar from 2/10.
>

> Craig
>
> Thanks,
> > Ryan

Craig, I am able to use the corresponding shale-core.jar against a 1.4
runtime, so I will look into this a little more tomorrow morning.
Maybe there is something wrong with my eclipse configuration.

Re: [shale] cannot run unit test framework with java 1.4

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.