Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by Jia Shuo <js...@live.com> on 2022/07/08 10:04:07 UTC

new committer: Dan Wang

Hi, Pegasus community,

        The Polding Project Management Committee (PPMC) for Apache Pegasus(incubator) has
invited Dan Wang(GitHub ID: empiredan) to become a committer and we are pleased to announce
that he has accepted.

        Dan Wang has started his contributions to Pegasus with controlling rocksdb memory
in Nov. 2020, and continues working on Pegasus project including:
  * Memory Optimization,such as controlling memory used by rocksdb and supporting jemalloc
  * Supporting single replica for a partition
  * Restricting and updating the replication factor for each table
  * The framework of new metrics
  * Some small features and bug fixes

       Dan Wang has merged 43 commits (10 pegasus commits, 32 rdsn commits and 1 pegasus-rocksdb
commit) until now, and is also active to report issues. Dan Wang is working for SensorsData which
maintains one of the largest deployments of Pegasus in the world, helps to operate that deployment
and helps Pegasus users resolve problems.

        I believe all these works would help the Pegasus community develop better. Please
join me in congratulating Dan Wang!

       Best regards,
       Shuo Jia

Re: new committer: Dan Wang