Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Colin McKinstry <cj...@stevensons.co.nz> on 2004/03/09 20:26:30 UTC

webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes

Not having much success learning tomcat and jsp :-(

According to the documentation any classes I place in the aforementioned location should work. Nothing I try seems to pick up any classes. For example:

An error occurred at line: 0 in the jsp file: /confirm.jsp
Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
C:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\work\Standalone\localhost\_\confirm_jsp.java:41: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class Fruit location: class org.apache.jsp.confirm_jsp
Fruit orderedFruit = null;

I am using Windows 2000 (professional)
Tomcat 4.1.30

The only thing I've done configuration wise is define CATALINA_HOME & base. I also had to create the classes directory in WEB-INF since it wasn't there.

Utterly stumped.