Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/10/13 11:02:06 UTC

Additional Hudson Jobs for tests only running all the time

Hi all,

Robert and me setup two new combined (Lucene+Solr each) Hudson jobs that
only compile Lucene/Solr with correct JVMs and then run tests. No artifacts,
no clover. These builds run all the time on free build slots (means every 15
min a new job is triggered, trunk/3.x alternates) to find all possible
random test failures.

We also improved the other full builds (running at same time as before) to
list all tests in test report, build modules,... Missing is still the
artifact/javadocs builds for modules in trunk.

These random tests, executed many times, will now show you the importance of
the DIH localization bugs (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1916)!
DIH should make the locale configurable in its XML config and not depend on
defaults from the machine. This is stupid on a server environment. The test
also needs to check different locales correctly!

Thanks,
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: Additional Hudson Jobs for tests only running all the time

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Thanks Mike,

The recent clover.xml parsing problems I reported to builds@a.o. Thanks for
the support and especially to Roberts for looking after the Solr tests!

Uwe

-----

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
This is most excellent :)

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Robert and me setup two new combined (Lucene+Solr each) Hudson jobs that
> only compile Lucene/Solr with correct JVMs and then run tests. No artifacts,
> no clover. These builds run all the time on free build slots (means every 15
> min a new job is triggered, trunk/3.x alternates) to find all possible
> random test failures.

Awesome! :)

thanks uwe