Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <la...@hp.com> on 2001/07/02 20:30:04 UTC

Persistence of services

After deploying a few services for a while (using AdminClient and
deploy.xml), I want to just wax them so they don't exist anymore.  Is there
a file under tomcat.../axis/WebInf/.. that maintains persistence that I can
wax?  Or is there a way to create an undeploy.xml (for AdminClient) that
removes all chains, and services without having to name each chain and
service?  (I don't remember them all.)

==>Lancer---

Re: Persistence of services

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
There is a file called "server-config.xml" which contains all the deployed stuff for a server.  It lives in whatever the current directory is when the server starts up - I'm not sure what it is for tomcat, but for JRun it's <jrunroot>/servers/default.  We should arrange for this file to live in WEB-INF or at least the webapp root directory, but just where it goes and what exactly "it" means (i.e. scope of what lives in how many files) is a bit of an open question at this point.

In any case, for now if you find the server-config.xml file and delete it, then restart your server (which you can do via the AdminServlet), you'll start with a fresh default configuration.

One caveat - right now the type mappings do not live in this file, though I'm working on the code (should be done tomorrow) to fix that.  So in the same dir where server-config.xml lives, you'll also want to delete typemapp-supp.reg.

Wax away. :)

--G