Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Saqib Shaikh <ss...@essex.ac.uk> on 2001/12/07 08:18:46 UTC

Getting started with Tomcat

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Tomcat 3.3 under Windows 98.  I unzip the zip file to
c:\ and rename the directory to tomcat for ease of typing.  In autoexec.bat
I set tomcat_home and java_home.  The first time I ran Tomcat I got an out
of environment space error so I increased the environment space in
config.sys.

Anyway, now when I run startup.bat Tomcat loads with no errors.  I go to
http://localhost:8080/ and get a "Cannot find server or DNS error" from
Internet Explorer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, Saqib Shaikh
Email ss@saqibshaikh.com
Web site www.saqibshaikh.com

RE: Getting started with Tomcat

Posted by Arnold Shore <as...@dgs.dgsys.com>.
With that symptom, I inserted the SET directives for both of these in the
startup.bat file instead, and it worked.

I suppose my autoexec.bat is screwed up, but I'm not going to troubleshoot
that.

Arnold Shore
annapolis, MD USA