Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by vjpatel <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2015/02/23 13:47:59 UTC

Async messaging - needs a way to know if message is failed to send

Hi...

In my application, I am communicating using queue. Producer sends messages
asynchronously. When any message is failed due to any exception, I need to
know which message is failed.

For this I registered ExceptionListener with ActiveMQConnectionFactory and I
am able to catch the exception. But it does not contain any information
based on which I can identify the message which got failed.

Please help me out with any alternate way to find out failed messages with
asynchronous messaging. It is easy to handle it with synchronous messaging,
but it is not feasible for me to use.

I found a related post :
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/jira-Created-AMQ-751-Extend-ExceptionListener-mechanism-by-creating-a-custom-AMQ-exception-which-woun-td2370029.html;cid=1424685174991-313#a2370030
But looks like it is auto-created by jira and so I have not used it for my
question.

Note: In my case, javax.jms.ResourceAllocationException is thrown because of
throttling. And in such case I need to find out what messages are throttled
down.