Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net> on 2003/03/20 01:46:44 UTC

passing 'title' to a tile in a frame

hello, all

have searched, searched, but no examples, and getting I guess hung
up on syntax.

Problem: I want to pass the 'title' declared in my tile definition to
the 'header' tile,
which is itself  displayed in a frame.

 From Cedric's posts and help from Steve Strait, I've gotten the syntax
for putting
the title into the header in my layout.jsp file:

	<tiles:insert name="header">
	   <tiles:put name="title" beanName="title" beanScope="tile"/>
	</tiles:insert>

And I also see from the tiles examples, the use of frames as:

<frameset rows="73, *, 73">
   <frame src="<%=request.getContextPath()%><tiles:get name="header" />"
name="header">
</frameset>

Can somebody help with the proper syntax for putting these together
such that
the header frame gets the title?

TIA,

-jeff

Re: passing 'title' to a tile in a frame

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
Okay, thanks Cedric.

-jeff

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
my bad, credit should have been to Steve Stair, I'm the one who can't
see strait :)

but still no joy here....

-jeff