Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@jrc.it> on 1998/01/08 09:52:59 UTC

cvsupit.tgz package updated. (fwd)

FYI. I upgraded and it is actually neater.

Dw.

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 20:01:24 -0800
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jk...@time.cdrom.com>
To: announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: cvsupit.tgz package updated.

It's now possible to select all the source components you want to
upgrade with cvsup via this handy "front end" package, and it also
does all the right things for International vs Domestic folks in
chosing where to get the bits from.  To use it, simply say:

	pkg_add -f ftp://freebsd.org/pub/CVSup/cvsupit.tgz

And even Joe User can have his system tracking 2.2-stable in no time.
I recommend it a lot on IRC and it's gotten many a user going with
cvsup who found it only baffling before.

This package also comes out of my frustration of not seeing these same
configuration options offered through CVSup's current GUI*. :-) :-)

					Jordan

* I note this only because John Polstra would be disappointed if
  I did not take this opportunity to make that point in accordance
  with longstanding tradition. :)

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

To unsubscribe from freebsd-announce, sent a mail to
majordomo@freebsd.org with the body

unsubscribe freebsd-announce