Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lars Kiesow <lk...@uos.de> on 2015/09/27 19:05:39 UTC

Felix Fileinstall and Configuration in Sub-Folder

Hi,
since we have a lot of configuration files and several of them are
already grouped in sub-folders of %{karaf.etc}, I tried to change the
felix fileinstall directory in the config.properties (automatically in
the assembly step):

  felix.fileinstall.dir = ${karaf.etc}/load

By doing this I hoped to make things less confusing for users who would
at first glance only see the main configuration files like the
custom.properties and not have to figure out which of the over 30 files
in the main directory is important, ...

The problem: It seems like not all *.cfg files are loaded by the felix
fileinstall and after moving all of them, the project would not start.
I also figured out that the configuration itself seems to work though
as I can move some of the configuration files.

My guess at the moment would be that the org.apache.karaf.*.cfg have to
stay in the main directory but it is hard to tell and I do not
necessarily want to try out all combinations :)

Does anyone know id there is a pattern to this? Or can point me to some
documentation?

Regards,
Lars

Re: Felix Fileinstall and Configuration in Sub-Folder

Posted by Lars Kiesow <lk...@uos.de>.
Hi Jean-Baptiste,
the Karaf version is 3.0.3 and yes, I modified the
felix.fileinstall.dir, created the load directory, moved all *.cfg
files into that directory and it stopped working. If I moved all the
org.apache.karaf.*.cfg back into ${karaf.etc} (still with the modified
felix.fileinstall.dir) it worked again. At least according to the logs.
I did not run any further tests.
Regards,
Lars

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.