Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gary M <ga...@oedata.com> on 2015/11/20 22:44:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Is there a shell environment variable to direct httpd to a httpd.conf ?

Hi,

I'm in a unique configuration dilemma where I need to place the location of
httpd.conf in a "soft" location. eg the shell environment variable.

I did look and cannot find the answer.

The question: "is there a shell environment variable read by httpd pointing
to the conf file ? "

This is windows,, I have another solution for linux and solaris.

thx

Re: [users@httpd] Is there a shell environment variable to direct httpd to a httpd.conf ?

Posted by Gary M <ga...@oedata.com>.
Ahh.. ok the interpolation and the service settings will work.  I can place
the env var in the registry in M$ DS.

Perfect guys, thank you so much..

Posted by Gary M <ga...@oedata.com>.
Thanks Chris,

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Gary,
>
> On 11/20/15 4:44 PM, Gary M wrote:
> > I'm in a unique configuration dilemma where I need to place the location
> > of httpd.conf in a "soft" location. eg the shell environment variable.
> >
> > I did look and cannot find the answer.
> >
> > The question: "is there a shell environment variable read by httpd
> > pointing to the conf file ? "
> >
> > This is windows,, I have another solution for linux and solaris.
>
> Can you do:
>
> C:\> \path\to\bin\httpd -f %HTTPD_DOT_CONF%

Note also that any -f, -d, -D args you pass to httpd install on Windows
sets up the service with those values.

If interpolation is on for the startup arg in the nt registry, then you
should be able to honor envvar substitution, but note that envvar
substition for services is based on the envvars at *boot time*.  Changing
them globally or per-user and restarting the service will not affect the
services environment until you reboot.

Re: [users@httpd] Is there a shell environment variable to direct httpd to a httpd.conf ?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Gary,