Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/07/22 23:29:13 UTC

tomcat4.0.4 and Apache using port 7000

Thanks if someone can help...

I'm having trouble getting Apache(2.0.39) to recognize Tomcat(4.0.4)
applications using port 7000. In my Apache httpd.conf file I have set:

Listen 7000

and also have the servername set
:
ServerName afs.obs.outback.com

Everything works fine when just dealing on the actual machine that
Apache and Tomcat is on using localhost. In other words

http://localhost:7000/ --- brings up Apache main page

http://localhost:7000/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp  --- serves up the
jsp struts application no problem

However when I try to access
http://afs.obs.outback.com:7000/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp  I get an
Apache 404 url does not exist error
(going straight to  Tomcat does work however
http://afs.obs.outback.com:8080/myTomcatAppName/index.jsp )

Please someone help..this is driving me nuts:) Thanks

For setting up Tomcat to work with Apache I followed the instructions
at this link:
http://mpcon.org/temp/how2install_apache_w_php_jsp_support.doc

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net

Re: tomcat4.0.4 and Apache using port 7000

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.
If it helps, I'm also noticing this error in the mod_jk.log file:

[jk_ajp_common.c (599)]: In jk_endpoint_t::ajp_connect_to_endpoint, failed errno = 61
[jk_connect.c (151)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 61

Thanks for any help with below: