Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/18 18:41:54 UTC

Zooming an image

I have a component in my GUI that I want to use to display an image and
support the following features.

I want to support:
Fit to width/height
Custom zoom in/out
Setting image back to original image size

Is there any examples dealing with zooming? If not can you point me in the
right direction. Do I need to get the graphics and redraw it myself?  Or is
there some utility method?

I imagine changing the size will only clip the image?

Thanks

RE: Zooming an image

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
Could you post more code?  Where are you calling the code you have shown us?  It sounds to me like you would need a flag set on key down or mouse down, and cleared on key up or mouse up, and then only do the zoom as you have shown while the flag is set.  But, without a bit more of an idea of how you have structured things, it is a little hard to tell.

Thanks,
~Roger

Re: Zooming an image

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
sorry but none of your messages has been accepted because you are not a
subscriber of our mailing lists ... take a look here to subscribe:

http://pivot.apache.org/lists.html

and then repost here.
Otherwise only Nabble users can see them.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Zooming an image

Posted by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Ah, ya that would work.  Thanks greg!

Re: Zooming an image

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Your app could programmatically resize the ImageView to get the correct zoom. For example you could put it in a BoxPane with horizontal and vertical alignment set to "center".

Re: Zooming an image

Posted by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Zooming an image

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
If you set the "fill" style to true, resizing the ImageView will scale the image.