Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org> on 2005/07/14 05:51:00 UTC

Fw: ApacheCon US 2005: Call for Participaton

I was hoping we could do a presentation or two as a project.  I was thinking
maybe something on future interoperability.  But I don't know if there is
time to get one together.

Any thoughts?

If nothing else we can plan a Logging BoF.  Maybe even a Logging Coding
session...:-)

-Mark

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
Well, there was enough time for lunch, a couple of sodas, and a quick key
signing!  Curt was cruising through the Silicon Valley here, so we got a
chance to get together briefly.  We'll do it right at ApacheCon!  I hope you
can make it (along with as many others as can make it as well)!  And if
anyone else finds themselves cruising through San Jose in the future, drop
me a line, give me some warning, but I'm sure we can swing something to get
together.

-Mark

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Aug 11, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hola,
> I plan to be there to schmooze, will attend the LS BOF of course to
> say hi and
> meet others, PMC members not the least of them, in person.

Maybe Mark can bring his "Welcome LS developers" banner (still
waiting for the pics).  I expect to be there, too.

>>> If nothing else we can plan a Logging BoF.  Maybe even a Logging
>>> Coding
>>> session...:-)

There is typically (well based on my one experience) an Apache
Hackathon the weekend before the conference at the same time as the
tutorials.  Basically, one big conference room, lots of power, Wi-Fi
and network access which 8 or so people at each table and 20-30
tables.  Since I was the only LS developer at the last ApacheCON, I
got to split a table with the SpamAssasin and some other teams which
escape me at the moment.

The Hackathon was open to all committers and approved guests and did
not require conference registration.  Plus you got some extra swag
and a Hackathon t-shirt.

Re: ApacheCon US 2005: Call for Participaton

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hola,
I plan to be there to schmooze, will attend the LS BOF of course to say hi and
meet others, PMC members not the least of them, in person.

Yoav

Re: Fw: ApacheCon US 2005: Call for Participaton

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
I think it would be difficult to present a roadmap that we don't have.  We
only have up to the 1.3 release, and there is still a lot of work left
there.  But I still think that a Logging BoF session is a good idea.  We
could talk about this new stuff and it would give folks a chance to give
input, ideas, etc.

Opinions?

-Mark

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.