Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2005/09/08 18:14:57 UTC

Re: Project Infrastructure Platform (Discussed at ApacheCon)

Hi Matthias :-)

I have been present during your talks with Noel and others about
incubating your project. Are there any updates yet?

You already said that the software is a Java EE app, that uses lots of
ASF projects, but do you have some architectural papers ? :-)

-Matthias

Posted by Matthias Marschall <ma...@conject.com>.
> I have been present during your talks with Noel and others about
> incubating your project. Are there any updates yet?
Yes, we started a project to do a clean up of the code base. This will
give us a better starting position if we get the positive decision from
our board to go on with incubation.

- Matthias

Re: Project Infrastructure Platform (Discussed at ApacheCon)

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I would hope that a project like this could be resolving many issues
the ASF currently has with infrastructure being hopelessly overloaded
with work....

Shouldn't there be a way to incubate this project (with some small
work for infrastructure) and then in the end hopefully infrastructure
would have nothing to do at all anymore ;))

Noel, you were very enthusiastic about the merits of such a project at
the ApacheCon, right?

regards,

Martin

http://www.irian.at