Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by rohan julka <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 07:08:02 UTC

Adding the live Compilation feature in the NetBeans plugin

Hi ,

I am working on SYNCOPE-1220 [1] , basically adding feature of managing Groovy scripts in the NetBeans plugin . The work is almost done and now the groovy scripts can be managed through the NetBeans plugin (here’s the pull request  [2]) . What’s left is documenting stuff and adding the live compilation feature . So if anyone can provide some insights on this feature it will be easy for me to implement it in the plugin .

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/issues/SYNCOPE-1220?filter=allopenissues

[2]: https://github.com/apache/syncope/pull/82

Thank you ,

Best Regards ,
Rohan Julka

Re: Adding the live Compilation feature in the NetBeans plugin

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 20/08/2018 09:08, rohan julka wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on SYNCOPE-1220 [1] , basically adding feature of managing Groovy scripts in the NetBeans plugin . The work is almost done and now the groovy scripts can be managed through the NetBeans plugin (here’s the pull request  [2]) . What’s left is documenting stuff and adding the live compilation feature . So if anyone can provide some insights on this feature it will be easy for me to implement it in the plugin.

Hi Rohan,
looking forward to see your PR merged.

About the "live compilation feature", I think the idea is that Netbeans
should be able to provide some basic IDE features (autocompletion,
import organization, etc.) when dealing with Groovy classes via the
Syncope plugin.

Essentially, I believe it should be enough to provide some sort of
compilation classpath for the Groovy classes - though I have no idea
about how to instruct Netbeans to do so.

About what to put in the classpath, it seems that it is enough to include

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.syncope.core</groupId>
<artifactId>syncope-core-provisioning-java</artifactId>
       <version>${syncope.version}</version>
     </dependency>

and its transitive dependencies, e.g. [3].

HTH
Regards.

[3] https://paste.apache.org/6Qzi

--