Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by weird earth <we...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/29 11:58:31 UTC

hello

i am new to turbine. :D
how will i test if my java/class file is working fine?

i see a string "$HelloVar"
in my browser.. not the value of it..

my Index-class is most probably not executed..
how will i know?
how can i solve it?

thank you in advance.

---------------------------------

Re: off-line turbine website

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi,

I don't think this is possible without using Maven

Siegfried Goeschl

off-line turbine website

Re: hello

Posted by weird earth <we...@yahoo.com>.
Hello! i checked the TurbineResource.properties, you were correct it was with the modules... i tried to change it to my module's package name.  thank you very much for the help! i greatly appreciated it! :D

Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> wrote:
First you should probably check the TurbineResource.properties file to see
if your path is set correctly to locate the class files which are mapped
to your templates.

Usually something like org.apache.myapp.modules

If you are seeing $HelloVar then definitely, it is not being processed
through velocity. Make sure you are actually populating a property named
HelloVar in your appropriate screen class.

Also, it is probably good practice to use the bang property $!HelloVar
such that if the HelloVar object is null, you won't see the dollar signs
everywhere.

We will probably need some more information to provide any further
assistance. Are you using the META tools to build your turbine app?

What is your setup/platform/version of turbine you are attempting to use.

good luck!

jeffery

Re: hello

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.