Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/16 15:46:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.1.0.1 (alpha release)

March 15 2009

An updated alpha release of Tapestry 5.1 is now available: Tapestry 5.1.0.1.

This release adds localized numeric input validation, both on the
client side and the server side. It also addresses "slow loading"
pages by preventing the user from clicking links that will ultimately
trigger client-side DHTML or Ajax functionality. The embedded version
of Scriptaculous has been upgraded to 1.8.2.

Server-side templates have been improved; there are now new elements
in the Tapestry 5.1 XML namespace to limit template content (similar
to Tapestry 4's special $content$ and $remove$ ids). In addition, it
is now possible for a subclass to override specific portions of its
parent class' template.

See the release notes for more details.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/release-notes.html

Download Tapestry 5.1.0.1 http://tapestry.apache.org/download.html

Upgrading from 5.0.18 should be straight forward, but be sure to read
the upgrade notes first.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/upgrade.html

Feedback is encouraged!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.1.0.1 (alpha release)

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Joachim Van der Auwera
<jo...@progs.be> wrote:
> Is it possible you have two woodstox implementations on your classpath?
> This could happen as they (woodstox) changed their groupid at some point
> which could cause two different versions to be in the classpath.

Thanks for the help, but it turned out as a bug that Howard already
fixed in 5.1.0.2-SNAPSHOT:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-573.

--
Thiago

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.1.0.1 (alpha release)

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.
Is it possible you have two woodstox implementations on your classpath?
This could happen as they (woodstox) changed their groupid at some point
which could cause two different versions to be in the classpath.

Kind regards,
Joachim

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 5.1.0.1 (alpha release)

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard,

I just tried 5.1.0.1 and got this error on FireFox 3.0.7 on one of my pages
which work just fine under 5.0.18

Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid
or unsupported form of compression.

and the stacktrace:

ERROR [14:51:30.641] Unexpected runtime exception: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.dom.AbstractMarkupModel.encodeQuoted(AbstractMarkupModel.java:94)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element$Attribute.render(Element.java:60)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toMarkup(Element.java:348)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.writeChildMarkup(Element.java:870)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toMarkup(Element.java:386)
[...]
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Document.toMarkup(Document.java:163)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Node.toMarkup(Node.java:80)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.MarkupWriterImpl.toMarkup(MarkupWriterImpl.java:57)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageResponseRendererImpl.renderPageResponse(PageResponseRendererImpl.java:67)
    at
$PageResponseRenderer_12019d710de.renderPageResponse($PageResponseRenderer_12019d710de.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderRequestHandlerImpl.handle(PageRenderRequestHandlerImpl.java:63)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$33.handle(TapestryModule.java:1920)
    at
$PageRenderRequestHandler_12019d710df.handle($PageRenderRequestHandler_12019d710df.java)
    at
$PageRenderRequestHandler_12019d710cb.handle($PageRenderRequestHandler_12019d710cb.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.handlePageRender(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:48)
    at
$ComponentRequestHandler_12019d710cf.handlePageRender($ComponentRequestHandler_12019d710cf.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderDispatcher.dispatch(PageRenderDispatcher.java:45)
    at $Dispatcher_12019d710d1.dispatch($Dispatcher_12019d710d1.java)
    at $Dispatcher_12019d710c7.dispatch($Dispatcher_12019d710c7.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:249)
    at
nu.localhost.tapestry5.springsecurity.services.internal.RequestFilterWrapper$1.doFilter(RequestFilterWrapper.java:60)

IE 7 also crashes.

Regards,
Borut

Posted by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.
Overriding specific portions of parent template is a really amazing
feature from 5.1; however can it be extended to "override specific
portions of template within a component in containing component/page"?
In my opinion, it's the most straightforward way.

Currently only sub-class is able to override parent's template has
limit: if there are 2 sub layouts both extends the a parent layout and
overrides different portion of template, and they don't know each
other, then in a page you want to have all the overrides together in
one layout, it seems hard to make it.

Regards,
Yunhua

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.