Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jasper Kamperman <ja...@openwaternet.com> on 2007/07/19 19:10:48 UTC

Suggested fixes to http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0.9

Hi,

I spent several hours hunting down two small issues in the otherwise
very well done example. To prevent others from running into this I'd
like to share them here. I don't know how to get in touch with
RicardoJMendez who maintains the page -- anyone does, please forward
this to him.

I did the exercise after checking out lucene/nutch/branches/
branch-0.9 from SVN

1. 	The package declaration at the top of TestRecommendedParser.java
is wrong, it reads:

		package org.apache.nutch;

	but it should be:<b

		package org.apache.nutch.parse.recommended;

2. 	Per ../build-plugin.xml the property for the location of the test
data is not "test.input" but "test.data" so the line that initializes
testDir
	should read:

		private static final File testDir = new File(System.getProperty
("test.data"));

Hope this helps,

Jasper

Re: Suggested fixes to http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0.9

Posted by Jasper Kamperman <ja...@openwaternet.com>.
Done, thanks. I had been led astray by the comment "Immutable Page"
which I didn't know would disappear once I had an account :-).

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Jasper,