Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Jay Turner - Bigshop.com.au" <jt...@bigshop.com.au> on 2001/04/18 10:47:39 UTC

SOAP & SSL... again

Hi,

I have Weblogic 6 installed with BEA's implementation of Apache SOAP v2.0
and JSSE 1.0.2 for SOAP over SSL.

I have followed the instructions as set out in the document by Peter Glynn
and Darrell Drake, as well as the instructions that come with JSSE.

When I run my client, I get the following error.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what it is..

Thanks

i call

d:\java -cp blah blah myClass

---------------------THE OUTPUT--------------------------------------------

Using https to connect to 192.168.2.13 on port 443  <--- This is spit out
using url.getProtocol() etc..

Desrializer: org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.ParameterSerializer@2c60cad2
Printing: invalid xml  <--- ignore this
invoke service
 URL= https://192.168.0.1:443/soap-webapp/rpcrouter
 URN=urn:server
SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client, error parsing HTTP status line: null

---------------------END OUTPUT-------------------------------------------

As you can see my URL is https on port 443.

If I take out the 's' in https and take off the port 443 it works fine, as
soon as i put it back i get that error.

I have added jcert.jar, jnet.jar and jsse.jar to the classpath when i run my
client and on the server that has the SOAP listener.

The client code is below if it will help.

import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;
import org.apache.soap.*;
import org.apache.soap.rpc.*;

import javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory;
import java.security.Security;

public class Client
    {
    public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception
        {

        // Set this property to use Sun's reference implementation of the
HTTPS protocol.
        System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

        // Dynamically register the JSSE provider.
        java.security.Security.addProvider(new
        com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

        //Set up the soap-endpoint and the urn
        URL url = new URL(
"https://192.168.0.1:443/soap-webapp/rpcrouter" );
        String urn = "urn:server"; //Demo urn, will need to be changed

        System.out.println("Using "+ url.getProtocol() + " to connect to " +
url.getHost() + " on port " + url.getPort() );

        //Make a new call object
        Call call = new Call();
        call.setTargetObjectURI( urn );
        call.setMethodName( "doValidation" ); //Demo method, will need to be
changed
        call.setEncodingStyleURI( Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC );

        String theXML = "invalid xml";

System.out.println("Printing: " + theXML.toString() );

         //Make a new Vector with the parameters.
         //In this case we are sending the XML to the server.
	etc etc etc

        //Do the call
        try
        {