Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca> on 2009/02/02 17:25:39 UTC

Maven deploy project on a server different from remote repo server

Hi all,

Here is the situation. Our internal remote repository is on server1 and
my application that will require some of the jars sitting on the remote
repo is on server2. Now my application is in jar format (created using
maven) and is used by a web coldfusion based application.

Now, do I simply figure out which dependencies my app requires and
manually put them somewhere on server2 and use the classpath way of
doing things to run this app or is there a better way to do this using
Maven?

I have been using Maven for a few months now and I understand how it
works but I am not sure what to do in this deployment scenario that I
mentioned above

Any insights will be appreciated. Thank you

Shahzad Qureshi
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Applications Directorate, CIOB
Environment Canada
shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca

RE: [SPAM] RE: Maven deploy project on a server different from remote repo server

Posted by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca>.
So basically, I've to have maven installed on server2. do a mvn package
with dependecy:copy-dependencies option in the pom file and it will copy
the dependecies to whichever directory I specify on server2, correct?

Posted by "Sommers, Elizabeth" <So...@Pragmatics.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.