Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Aaron Lindsey <al...@pivotal.io> on 2019/10/15 23:29:05 UTC

Changes to recorded execution times for function stats

Hi Geode devs,

This PR <https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/4135> makes small changes to
the execution times recorded by function stats. I wanted to run this by the
dev list to make sure this will not cause problems for users who rely on
these stats:

   - In ServerFunctionExecutor and ServerRegionFunctionExecutor, we are now
   including validateExecution in the total execution time.
   - In MemberFunctionStreamingMessage, we are now including the code
   leading up to creating the function context in the total execution time.

This would potentially make times reported by function stats appear longer
than prior to this change. Please reply or comment on the PR if anyone sees
a problem with this.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: Changes to recorded execution times for function stats

Posted by Aaron Lindsey <al...@pivotal.io>.
I haven't heard any objections to this, so we plan to move forward with
these changes.

- Aaron