Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Todtenhaupt, Susann" <Su...@astrium.eads.net> on 2003/08/19 12:39:25 UTC

keep together pages

Hi @ all!

I'm producing TXT through XSL:FO and FOP. If there're more than one page
there's following effect: Between the pages there's a break of several
lines. I didn't find a property to suppress this pagebreak.

Can anybody help me?

Greetz and thanx suse!

RE: keep together pages

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Todtenhaupt, Susann wrote:

> I'm producing TXT through XSL:FO and FOP. If there're more than one page
> there's following effect: Between the pages there's a break of several
> lines. I didn't find a property to suppress this pagebreak.

The TXT output is laid out on the page just as it would for PDF, then
converted to text. I suspect that the blank lines are the layout's way of
mimicking the margins at the top and bottom of a printed page. Try
eliminating (or making very tiny) the regions and margins at the top and
bottom of the page. See
http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html#txt
for more details. Another alternative is to simply use an XSLT
transformation to get your text output.

Victor Mote