Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/16 22:26:52 UTC

Advanced network set-up - Physical network name

Hi guys,
I am setting up a CS using the advanced network wizard.
We have currently 3 configured VLANs network in each hypervisor host,
So, on the wizard when I am asked for Physical network name, what
identifier should I use ? the actual interface name (eth0.0, etho.2 and
eth1.3)?

--
Rafael Weingartner

Re: Advanced network set-up - Physical network name

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
Rafael, you can use any name for the physical network – its just a logical name inside the cloudStack for the network. There is no linkage between this name and actual physical interface on the hypervisor side.

The only one place where you have to specify actual network name taken from the hypervisor is when you configure traffic labels for the Physical Network(s).

-alena.