Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/08 18:21:04 UTC

[VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Hey all,

I have cut Airflow 1.10.0 RC4. This email is calling a vote on the release,
which will last for 72 hours. Consider this my (binding) +1.

Airflow 1.10.0 RC 4 is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/1.10.0rc4/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/1.10.0rc4/>

apache-airflow-1.10.0rc4+incubating-source.tar.gz is a source release that
comes with INSTALL instructions.
apache-airflow-1.10.0rc4+incubating-bin.tar.gz is the binary Python "sdist"
release.

Public keys are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/>

The amount of JIRAs fixed is over 700. Please have a look at the changelog.
Since RC3 the following has been fixed:

[AIRFLOW-2870] Use abstract TaskInstance for migration
[AIRFLOW-2859] Implement own UtcDateTime
[AIRFLOW-2140] Don't require kubernetes for the SparkSubmit hook
[AIRFLOW-2869] Remove smart quote from default config
[AIRFLOW-2857] Fix Read the Docs env

Please note that the version number excludes the `rcX` string as well
as the "+incubating" string, so it's now simply 1.10.0. This will allow us
to rename the artifact without modifying the artifact checksums when we
actually release.

WARNING: Due to licensing requirements you will need to set
 SLUGIFY_USES_TEXT_UNIDECODE=yes in your environment when
installing or upgrading. We will try to remove this requirement for the
next release.

Cheers,
Bolke

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Good point Bolke, Sid, seems that there are still a few issues with
Tenacity as well <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/3723>,
therefore I would like to change my vote:

+1 (binding)

Cheers, Fokko

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
+0.5 (binding) from me.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/commit/d9fecba14c5eb56990508573a91b13ab27ca5153 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/commit/d9fecba14c5eb56990508573a91b13ab27ca5153> (expanding on UPDATING.md for Logging changes) isn't in the release, but would only affect people who look at the UPDATING.md in the source tarball, which isn't going to be very many - most people will check in the repo and just install via PyPi I'd guess?

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Naik Kaxil <k....@reply.com>.
+1 (binding) Tested it on Python2.7 with flask UI

On 09/08/2018, 23:58, "Daniel Imberman" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

    -1 (non-binding),

    There is a k8s bug fix that should be PRed by @jordan.zucker this weekend
    (relating to the tracking of resourceVersions). There have also been
    multiple users requesting the ability to pre-bake docker images which I
    will make a PR for this weekend.

Kaxil Naik

Data Reply
2nd Floor, Nova South
160 Victoria Street, Westminster
London SW1E 5LB - UK
phone: +44 (0)20 7730 6000
k.naik@reply.com
www.reply.com

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.
-1 (non-binding),

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.
@bolke ok sounds good. I'll get more info from the users to solidify the
ticket. Benefit of releasing as experimental :) (also luckily not causing
failed DAGs or lost data)

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @ash

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@firemirror.com>.
+0.5 (binding) from me.

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
3.7 is not an officially supported version. I don't think it warrants a -1. Maybe it does warrant a quick 1.10.1. I don't like the scope creep tbh.

Please reconsider.

B.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [VOTE] Airflow 1.10.0rc4