Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2020/07/01 17:00:38 UTC

CFP Open for Community Track for ApacheCon @Home

Hi All

I hope that you have all seen the message about this year's ApacheCon being an online event.

https://s.apache.org/72l7a

So what does that mean for our Community track? Nothing - we still want to have one :-) but we do need more submissions.

Those of you who submitted talks expecting to present live, now need to decide if you are happy to present online instead. Please login to the CFP system at https://acna2020.jamhosted.net/ to access your submission and cancel it if you no longer want it to be included.

We also have some very good news for those who missed the previous ApacheCon deadline to submit a talk for our Community Track because the CFP has re-opened but only for a couple of weeks.

You have until the 13th July 2020 to submit talk or presentation - so please don't leave it until the last minute!

Please submit your talks here:
https://acna2020.jamhosted.net/

So what type of talks or sessions are we looking for? Here are some suggestions and potential ideas to get you thinking!

* Our ASF communities are growing so it becomes even more important to hear from people within our communities. We want to hear your story, how and why did you become involved with Apache? What does it mean to be a First time contributor, Regular contributor, Committer, Member, Officer or Director?

* Is your project building its community? What have you done that other Apache communities could learn from?

* What is your Apache Way so what is your story? What were the challenges and how were they overcome?  For the uninitiated - how does governance, branding and licensing work?

* What about our range of Community Tools? Why not share an introduction or getting started session (eg. Apache Kibble, Apache Whimsy, Apache Training, Apache Ponymail

* How diverse and inclusive are our communities? And looking into the future how are our communities evolving?

Please remember the Community track covers a lot of areas so the list above isn't a definitive one so if you want to present something then get submitting. :-)

Thanks
Sharan

Re: CFP Open for Community Track for ApacheCon @Home

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

A reminder that the CFP closes on Monday 13th July so if you haven't made your submission yet then you have only a few more days to get it in.

We currently have around 20 CFP submissions for our Community track and I know that many of the submissions come in at the last moment so please dont leave it too late. The more submissions we have, the the more choice we have to build a community track that reflects different aspects of our community.

Thanks
Sharan