Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nam3l3ss <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 16:57:19 UTC

Get bean from ServletContext on context destruction

Hy!

I have a bean on a jsp page (jsp:UseBean) , with application scope, that uses
some resources that must be freed when the application is stopped/reset.

I'm currently using a context listener to detect when does the servelt context
gets destroyed, but I cannot get the bean from it.

What I want to accomplish is:
1:public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent e){
2:      ServletContext t  = e.getServletContext();
3:      myBean b =(myBean)t.getAttribute("newsbean");
4:      if(b!=null){
5:              System.out.println("Bean is:"
+(b.holdsResource() ? "!ok" : "ok"));
6:      }else{
7:              System.out.println("No bean =(");
8:      }
9:}

where line 3 should do the trick. How can this be done?

Googling only turned up the reverse, accessing context from a bean,
and the listener is by the webapp in web.xml.

Thanks, nam3l3ss

Re: Get bean from ServletContext on context destruction

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Nam3l3ss wrote:
> I have a bean on a jsp page (jsp:UseBean) , with application scope, that uses
> some resources that must be freed when the application is stopped/reset.
>
> I'm currently using a context listener to detect when does the servelt context
> gets destroyed, but I cannot get the bean from it.

Do I understand you correctly: you create a bean in JSP page and then
you want to destroy it in  listener?

I usually do both in listener.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>